Miniclip is looking for a talented and enthusiastic UI/UX Artist to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio. Our team is looking for skilled people who are also strongly passionate about user experience: we strive to improve our UI and UX every day, as we strongly believe that even minor changes have the potential to greatly improve our millions of players’ journey. This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Italy.
Completion of a technical challenge will be required during the recruitment process.
Your work will include:
- Designing and implementing UI and UX for our mobile games.
- Working closely with art lead, game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions.
- Assisting in a range of artistic tasks including GUI creation, sketches, 2D illustrations for in game and marketing purposes.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
- Display knowledge of shape, color and composition with a good general art foundation.
- Adopt different graphic styles depending on the project or task.
- You will also be involved in making important decisions about the overall look of the game, taking ownership for screen designs, and developing art elements that enhance player experience and engagement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys team working and is passionate and dedicated to his/her work. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or similar.
- Strong skills in creating 2D graphics for UI elements, such as icons, frames and buttons.
- Comprehensive portfolio proving artistic skills is mandatory.
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing business needs.
- Able to build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence effectively and quickly.
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines.
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus.
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly. Bonus if you have good knowledge of After Effects or Spine for animations.
- Keen attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to meet deadlines.
- Deep knowledge of the Computer Graphic tools like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Fluent in English.
Please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team and a link to a portfolio should be included in your application. The following portfolio examples are mandatory:
- Examples of game UI for various platforms
- Graphic Effects
- Logo Design
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION for Italy
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genova. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com