Android Engineer - Remote from Italy
Miniclip is looking for an experienced Android Engineer to join our SDK Engineering team in the Lisbon (Portugal) Studio. The team is responsible for providing business solutions to our game studios, reaching over 250M players every month. Our SDKs allow each game to reach the peak of its potential. From advertising technology to business analytics, we make it happen.
The team is looking for an Android Engineer working remotely from Italy, who will help us expand and perfect our Android codebase. You will work in a cross-platform team and be responsible for the work you produce in your area of expertise. We are making a transition to Kotlin and want to reinforce their Android side.
- Research, design, develop, and maintain high-quality code solutions used in multiple games, and by millions of players.
- Work as part of a dynamic team, with high standards, and delivering great quality
- Work closely with Business stakeholders, Data Engineers and Data Scientists
- Act as a source of knowledge for the Android ecosystem to more junior engineers
- Continuously learn and challenge your own skill set.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who embraces teamwork and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- 3+ years of professional Android development experience
- Strong, professional experience in Java or Kotlin (preferred)
- Familiarity in Python, C++ or C# (or Unity)
- Analytical mind, problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to details
- A will to be autonomous and have a result-oriented mindset
- A passion for creating software
- High level of written and spoken English
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
We have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership and others.
We do regular events, some of them are company-wide and abroad! We like to embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social, and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group