Chief Marketing Officer
Miniclip is seeking an outstanding Chief Marketing Officer to lead the global marketing efforts of the business across all its titles, from the London headquarters. With the opportunity to drive and shape the exceptional growth story already enjoyed by Miniclip, this is a unique opportunity to define, lead and execute both the group marketing and the advertising monetisation strategies for the company, across multiple games and audiences and in partnership with the CEO and Chief Product Officer.
This individual will take executive responsibility for global marketing for the Miniclip. Together with the CEO and other executive colleagues they bear collective responsibility for the “in year” performance, long term growth, and sustainability of the Miniclip Group.
This is a critical hire, driving growth in user acquisition across the existing and emerging portfolio.
▪ Define and lead the execution of the Miniclip marketing strategy
▪ Provides vision, support and expertise across marketing with a key focus on second-to-none excellence in UA
▪ Executive accountability for performance marketing activities
▪ Commercial optimisation
▪ Delivery of Game Promotion Agreements
▪ Key contributor to DD processes to ensure thorough evaluation of the acquisition opportunity and to build the relationships which are at the heart of post- acquisition success.
▪ Lead Marketing / Advertising support to acquired companies to ensure that synergies are realised and value add is optimised.
As such, this individual:
▪ Will need to be a proven leader in acquisitionled, direct-to-consumer marketing.
▪ Will have a track record in creating outstanding growth ideally in a multi-product platform environment.
▪ Will have led creative and programmatic excellence teams in a dynamic setting.
▪ Will be able to evidence hands-on leadership of a diverse multi-market team.
▪ Will be a left brain/right brain thinker, as adept at driving creative and social teams to attract users as they are in performance marketing.
▪ Will be at the cutting edge of innovation in performance marketing, building out team capabilities to drive and serve exceptional growth forecasts.
Attitude and style
As part of the selection process, we will want to assess the candidate’s style in line with Miniclip values:
▪ Professionally playful
▪ Dare to be different
▪ Modest and Authentic
▪ Entrepreneurial and smart
▪ Informal and approachable
▪ Humble, self-aware and low-ego
▪ Team Player rather than “lone wolf”
▪ Relishes collaboration
▪ Embraces our Professionally Playful ethos
▪ Willingness to engage at all levels from board to studio
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 3 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 45 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com