Finance Business Partner
Miniclip has grown substantially over the last few years; not just in terms of revenues and headcount, but also in complexity as the company has combined organic growth with M&A activity. To support our ambitious growth strategy, we are defining a new structure for the FP&A team in which a Finance Business Partner will partner with select Studios and bring FP&A support to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role offers exposure to senior management, including the Finance Director & CFO, as well as the senior stakeholders across all studios. You will be providing vital insight and business partner support to key stakeholders and helping to influence the company’s ability to make decisions to further its strategic goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a team with real responsibility and impact.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven finance professional who can adapt in a fast paced and dynamic industry.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• A proactive and self-confident individual with great stakeholder management
• Strong communicator (written & verbal); reliable and responsive
• A problem solver who can produce data driven recommendations and solutions
• A strong collaborator, who can explain financial models and process to non-finance stakeholders
• A good level of integrity and judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with sensitive and confidential information
• A strong analytical thinker who can discover new and interesting patterns across data sets.
• Can adapt to a dynamic business environment
• Acting as Business Partner with select Studio Directors to support their needs in a commercially astute manner to assist in commercial decision making
• Contributing to monthly Studio Trade decks by providing insight and commentary
• Facilitating operational “Mini Trade Meetings” with key studio stakeholders
• Reviewing and validating Outturn forecast assumptions, providing commentary and analysis around any fluctuations to budget/forecast
• Responsible for driving Budgeting and Forecasting activities for dedicated studios, while interfacing closely with your fellow business partners and the FP&A team
• Support Studio Directors in short term strategic planning and the development of success metrics for all new games
• Responsible for FP&A integration in Category 2 & 3 Studios and assisting in relationship management for Category 1 Studios.
• Drive process improvement and lay the foundation for scalable processes that will scale with the strategic growth plans
• Identifying and monitoring risks, opportunities, and efficiencies.
• Support continuous improvement of systems, processes, and activities.
• Working in collaboration with the Senior Reporting & Analytics Manager and fellow Business Partners
• Travel to studios may be possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be a qualified finance professional with up to 5 years’ experience PQE, with the majority of that time spent in commercial facing roles.
Desirable skills and experience include:
• Practical experience in business partnering role
• Qualified individual preferred (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
• Experience in tech/gaming sector desirable, but not essential
• Self-sufficient and able to complete work with limited direct supervision
• Comfortable in dealing with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong communication skills
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• Innovative and interested in implementing new ideas
• Highly proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products
• Experience with Dynamics 365 desirable
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Office in Chancery Lane with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our new office comes with a pool table, 100” screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
We also have a fantastic benefits package, with Vitality medical and BUPA dental cover, cash plan, with cover for life insurance, critical illness, and income protection, a generous holiday entitlement and a pension plan with company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name.
Miniclip was nominated as App Annie’s Top 52 Global Publishers list in 2015 and 2016. Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Agar.io™ and Soccer Stars™ which have all been downloaded over 100M times each respectively.
All three new games released by Miniclip in 2017, namely Football Strike, Flip Master and War Wings went to #1 Free Games / App in over 40 countries.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.