Full-stack Developer - Remote from Italy
Miniclip is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join the Web Engineering Team at Miniclip working remotely from Italy. The team works on several key services used across all business units of Miniclip. The plan is to build a stack from scratch, for a new high-importance internal project, and your experience would be extremely valuable. This stack would be built using Golang, GraphQL, Vue.js using AWS as a cloud provider. You will have full autonomy to build the stack in the ways you would consider best
Your primary responsibilities will focus primarily on web solutions and will be done around:
- Working in tight cooperation with teams across the group to develop a new technological stack for internal use.
- Developing shareable components among the team and potentially across group teams.
- Developing and maintaining solutions that integrates with our various gaming platforms.
- Practicing engineering best practices in your day-to-day work.
- Creating and enforcing a culture of quality-driven development in your everyday work.
You will be working with a variety of members of the company, including web, mobile, game application developers, marketing, promotions, art, and business intelligence. You may be required to travel abroad for training purposes and to work with other members of the Miniclip group during your employment.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who enjoys working in a team and is passionate about his/her work. The ideal candidate should be skilled in the following:
- Experience in development of reusable components is a strong plus.
- Docker, Docker Compose.
- OpenAPI specifications.
- GraphQL .
- Domain-driven development.
- Very comfortable with git and git workflow.
- MySQL or other RDBMS.
- AWS services, such as ECS, Fargate, Cloudformation, Aurora, DynamoDB.
- Comfortable with CI/CD tools, namely Jenkins, Bamboo.
A reasonable amount of time or proven expertise working with the above technologies is expected from you.
We also expect from you proactiveness and accountability, strong communication skills, commitment and desire to go through from start to end in your developed projects. You will be an essential pillar in building and maintaining a culture of excellence in your work, at all levels.
The following skills are desirable but not essential, by order of importance:
- Knowledge or experience working with advertising networks.
- REST APIs / OAuth experience.
- Unix compliant system experience (such as CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Caching solutions such as Varnish, Memcache and Redis.
- Web server configuration experience (Nginx or Apache).
- Composer or software package management systems.
- Knowledge of Erlang or other functional programming languages.
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Slim (PHP) or cowboy (erlang).
- Knowledge of websockets.
- Knowledge of Consul or similar configuration systems.
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We do regular events, some of them are company-wide and abroad! We like to embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social, and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.