Game Analytics Manager
GAME ANALYTICS MANAGER
We are looking to welcome a manager to lead a team of super talented Game Data Analysts. At Miniclip, you will work in our brand new Lisbon office managing a dedicated team of Game Data Analysts and empowering them to best support our internal Games portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the best game companies in the world! With over 200 million game players each month, Miniclip reaches users across online, mobile and social platforms.
At Miniclip, you would work alongside Producers to understand the overall performance and players’ behavior to be able to provide insights that shape the roadmap of our popular internal games. You will be able to join our Game Designers in optimizing the new games’ features and to work with our Developers and Data Engineers to be able to collect all the data you need for that.
The role will be responsible for managing and mentoring a rapidly growing and high-performing team of Game Analysts. At Miniclip, you would work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. You would partner with Product Managers and Product Directors to foster a data-driven culture and make sure the team provides actionable insights that support the roadmap of our popular internal games.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Game Analytics function within the Portuguese office.
- Define and implement team objectives that support the wider business goals.
- Partner with Product Managers and Game Designers to identify key strategic questions, metrics, and actionable tests.
- Promote good practices and educate a world-class team to be agile data-driven decision-makers.
- Help design, conduct and analyze A/B tests, leveraging appropriate statistical methods and best practices.
- Guarantee that the business users have access to all the information relevant to their job available in our data visualization tools.
- Drive analytic initiatives that deliver improvements to processes and methodologies.
Skills & Experience
- Experience managing a team, preferably in the Business Intelligence field.
- Experience with managing multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships across multiple teams.
- Skillful in domain-specific programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain key findings and give data-driven recommendations to multiple people with distinct backgrounds.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken
It would be a bonus if you also:
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Games Industry (especially in Free to Play games).
- Advanced knowledge of non-relational databases and SQL, with the ability to perform complex queries using the AWS suite and Apache Spark.
- Strong data visualization skills and previous experience using Data Visualization Tools such as; Domo, Superset, Looker, Tableau, or similar.
- Drive to innovate and explore new data analysis techniques, methods, and concepts.
- Proven track record of delivering business value through the use of data.
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We do regular events, some of them are company-wide and abroad! We like to embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social, and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group