IT Support Technician
Miniclip is looking for an to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience with some of the new technologies along with working from the very beginning on new projects and new services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and basic networking issues;
- Configure and install computers on multiple O.S. (MacOS and Windows);
- Maintain the existing IT infrastructure and the commonly used applications (local and cloud);
- Assist users with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as password resets/email setup/software installs via e-mail, phone, chat remotely or in presence to all offices;
- Keep record of performed tasks by using Miniclip’s internal ticketing system;
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources;
- Be capable of following established procedures and act upon instruction;
- Be able to help implementing new or upgrading existing systems;
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a skilled communicator with good technical background that will demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment. The Junior IT Support Technician needs to be someone that enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Computer hardware, systems and software;
- Computer networks;
- E-mail and internet applications;
- Write and speak English fluently;
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Ability to travel to remote locations if required.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events.
We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), and Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com