IT Support Technician
Miniclip is looking for an IT Support Technician to hire in our Zoetermeer (The Netherlands) Games Development Studio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience with some of the new technologies along with working from the very beginning on new projects and new services.
OSM is the absolute cornerstone of Miniclip NL. Millions of players manage their favorite club here every day. It is one of the few mobile games that have been successful for so long and relies on a unique combination of social and accessible gaming.
Your team consists of people based in Italy, Portugal, UK and you’ll report to the IT Support Team Leader in Italy. Your location will be Miniclip Netherlands (Gamebasics) in Zoetermeer. You’ll focus primarily on tasks related to the Zoetermeer office, but will also support your team members on the other locations. It’s important to build relationships with both local and international colleagues. You’ll work closely with both the CTO and Office Manager at Miniclip Netherlands. In some occasions an external IT Support Provider can be involved.
You will be working in our game studio in Zoetermeer with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. You’ll be working alongside a talented and friendly team within a vibrant office space that has various breakout areas, table football, console games and more!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and basic networking issues
- Configure and install computers on multiple O.S. (MacOS and Windows)
- Maintain the existing IT infrastructure and the commonly used applications (local and cloud)
- Assist users with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as password resets/email setup/software installs via e-mail, phone, chat remotely or in presence to all offices
- Keep record of performed tasks by using Miniclip’s internal ticketing system
- Streamline hardware procurement
- Setup new workplaces and support any office changes needed
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, and resources
- Be capable of following established procedures and act upon instruction
- Be able to help implementing new or upgrading existing systems
Skills and Experience
We’re looking for a skilled communicator with good technical background, MBO+/HBO diploma, that will demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment. The IT Support Technician needs to be someone that enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Computer hardware, systems, and software
- Computer networks
- E-mail and internet applications
- Write and speak English and Dutch fluently
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Ability to travel to remote locations if required
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
This is what we offer you:
- A pleasant and informal atmosphere in a nice, open workplace in the heart of Zoetermeer
- Opportunity to work in a special and access to a creative and fast developing industry, within an international network
- Time and budget for own development
- The ability to work from home up to 60% of your working time
- Excellent pension conditions (50% employer contribution)
- Contribution to travel costs or full reimbursement from public transport
- Annual trip with a whole team to a European city and football match
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 3 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com