Lead Developer - Client Technology
LEAD DEVELOPER – CLIENT TECHNOLOGY
Miniclip is looking for a Lead Developer to hire for our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineering leader with strong technical background to integrate into an agile, highly effective and skilled team. You will be leading the development of the core technology used by our mobile games that are played daily by millions of users.
Your work will include:
- Leading a team of client developers in the development of new features and provide support to our internal mobile client development teams
- Performing line management responsibilities such as regular one on ones, continuous feedback, objective setting, performance review, etc.
- Inspiring and coaching talented developers supporting their individual career development and professional growth
- Providing technical guidance while empowering your team of developers to deliver and contribute to Miniclip’s success
- Defining the team’s short, mid and long-term roadmap considering each member’s responsibilities
- Contributing to the definition of processes and methodologies to adopt by the multiple mobile client technology development teams
- Ensuring the defined development standards and expectations are reflected in the software developed by your team
- Collaborating with other team leaders to build alignment, reduce silo mentality and optimise the workflow across all Scrum teams
- Learning and challenging your own skillset
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, hard-working and autonomous person, who is heavily committed in helping people to grow. You need to have a humble and open approach to leadership with a strong belief in autonomy and genuine interest in developing people. We need you to be self-motivated, dedicated, result-oriented and accountable for areas of your responsibilities. You must be a team player who constantly seeks self-development opportunities, takes pride of his work and engages with the team to improve together.
The technology that you will be developing and providing internally will face constant challenges and is the building blocks of most of our successful games, failing it will mean failing our games, we are looking for someone that is able to push for technical excellency and withstand both successes and failures.
The ideal candidate must present the following:
- Passion for developing teams and individuals
- Background in software engineering
- Good knowledge of modern C++ and Objective-C
- Strong delegation skills and comfort in leading developers who may be technically stronger than you
- Deep understanding of Technical Excellence and Agile product development process serving other teams while maintaining an internal roadmap
- Proficiency in coaching and influencing people
- Thirst for self-development
- Excellent communication skills
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Professional experience in mobile gaming industry
- Professional experience leading teams working with shared technology
Don't forget to share with us all of your relevant trainings and certifications.
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com