Marketing Comunications Specialist
Marketing Communications Specialist
We are looking for a Brand & Social Specialist to look after the cross channel communication strategy for our games portfolio. This is a full-time role based in our Lisbon or London Studios.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for defining the tone of voice for our new and existing games, ensuring all communications are consistent across all channels. The role suits a native English speaker with excellent copy writing skills, preferably in the gaming industry.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of the marketing mix and marketing communications strategy across all mobile gaming communication channels, such as email, push notifications and the various social media channels - Facebook; Instagram; YouTube; TikTok; live streaming channels, etc.
Working closely with CRM and Product teams, you’ll be responsible for defining social media strategies for our games and be instrumental in producing and publishing content. You must like games, talk about games, create videos, static images and memes while engaging with viral communities.
You’ll also be the go to person for all marketing messaging for our game portfolio. Copywriting will be one of your key responsibilities, ensuring the tone of voice is consistent across all external communication channels for each game.
Cross channel campaigns management is key as well as alignment with the various teams involved - Marketing, Product and supporting teams; project management experience and great relationship management skills are a must. Should be a connoisseur of our products and their brands to ensure consistency in in-game comms but also in cross channel communication strategies. This role is also for someone that is proactive, self starter and adaptable to the existing games’ ecosystem and available resources.
You must be comfortable working on both strategy and execution, as this role is for someone that is happy to take on all things social & community from start to finish.
- Define our games tone of voice and ensure all external marketing communications are consistent;
- Write all owned, earned and paid channels copy for all marketing activities for our games portfolio - in-game promotions and events; push notifications; social content; ads; blogs; etc.;
- Perform market research on social and viral marketing for mobile gaming;
- Create strategic social, community and viral marketing strategies for our games portfolio;
- Create viral marketing assets, such as videos, static and animated images, memes, blogs, voice-overs, etc;
- Execute from beginning to end all strategic priority titles social and viral marketing plans;
- Request copy, image and video assets for our campaigns;
- Schedule all social activities across multiple social channels;
- Publish content on blogs and other content platforms;
- Listen and manage communities on all social channels, while engaging with users, answering and directing users to the right internal channels and reporting on issues to the right stakeholders in the business;
- Collaborate with Product teams to incorporate viral marketing features in-game;
- Research unofficial groups to bring in useful information to the business such as most wanted in-game features; hacks; in-game issues; and really grasp on what players want for our games portfolio;
- Report monthly on overall community sentiment; and social media KPIs - engagement, shares, posts, etc.;
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- 2+ years of experience producing digital marketing content for social channels
- 4+ years experience in brand marketing producing TOV and consistent copy across channels
- Experience in content creation, able to conceptualise ideas quickly and have examples of previous work
- Project management experience for social campaigns;
- Experience in community management and in customer facing channels;
- Experience with social media management;
- Proactive: a desire to suggest new content ideas and take the lead on projects, or explore opportunities
- Business savvy and effective communicator
- Proven ability of multitasking
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- Familiarity with tracking tools and audience measurement tools a plus
- Passion for games
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Appynation Ltd (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.