Mobile Software Tester
Miniclip is looking for a Software Tester to join our SDK Engineering team in the Lisbon (Portugal) Studio. The team is responsible for providing business solutions to our game studios, reaching over 250M players every month. Our SDKs allow each game to reach the peak of its potential. From advertising technology to business analytics, we make it happen.
As a Software Tester you will work closely with both Software Engineers and Software Engineers in Test. You will support the sustained growth of the team, and its products, by contributing to the release of stable SDKs to the Miniclip group. This will mean performing manual tests over SDK features, as well as greatly contribute to their automation.
- Functional testing of SDK features upon development;
- Integration testing of the developed SDKs, validating features in a cross-domain manner (i.e. correct interaction with systems outside the team);
- Identify edge cases, reproduce them and evaluate the system's behaviour under those conditions;
- Develop design test plans and perform exploratory testing based on discussions with developers, available documentation and analysis of system's behaviours;
- Automate testing in a scalable manner with the help of industry standard tools;
- Discuss, define an continuously improve best practices in testing Miniclip's technical products with Games Testers working on product teams;
- Contribute to the growth of the test automation stack;
- Go beyond your role to help unblocking impediments and reduce silo by creating software together with other specialisations.
Skills & Experience
- Strong technical background in Software Quality Assurance;
- 3+ years of experience in mobile application testing;
- Thorough understanding of testing processes, standards, methodologies and tools;
- Understanding of mobile application development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Lua or C#
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins CI, Travis CI)
- Experience in test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium, Selendroid, or other industry-standard tools);
- High level of attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to apply.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events.
We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.