Senior Software Developer (Unity)
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (UNITY)
Miniclip is looking for a Senior Software Developer to hire in our Games Development Studio in Oeiras, Portugal or remotely.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior-level software developer to integrate into an agile, highly effective and skilled team. You will be developing cutting edge mobile games played daily by millions of users.
Your work will include:
- Co-creating a great and ambitious Unity game development studio
- Developing games for different mobile platforms and extending existing ones with new functionalities
- Delivering well-crafted software with your main focus on the product
- Driving high performance of an Agile development team to produce great software in a timely manner
- Mentoring other developers and teaching them the software craft
- Assuming ownership for your work and finding ways to enrich your product
- Going beyond your role to help to unblock impediments and reduce silo by creating software together with other specializations in the Agile team
- Continuously learning and challenging your own skillset
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, humble, hard-working and autonomous person, thus we need you to be self-motivated, dedicated, result-oriented and accountable for areas of your expertise. You must be a team player who constantly seeks self-development opportunities, takes pride in their work and engages with the team to improve together.
The ideal candidate must present the following:
- Passion for creating great software
- More than 5 years of professional experience in Unity development
- In-depth knowledge of software design and development for iOS and Android with Unity
- Drive towards continuously learning new skills, trying out new approaches, and strive to enhance the quality of products and code
- Deep understanding of Agile product development process serving short release cycles
- Thirst for self-development
- Great communication in English and understanding that face-to-face conversation helps to unlock high performance
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Experience in developing multiplayer games
- Experience in leadership
For remote candidates:
- You must be located in a location where we support remote working, which currently are: Portugal, UK, Italy, Netherlands, Turkey, Spain or Bulgaria
- You need to have previous experience working remotely in Agile teams
- You will need to display behaviors that make your remote work effective during the probation period
- Only top tiers of seniority will be considered for permanent remote work
Don't forget to share with us all of your relevant training and certifications.
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Tagus Park (Oeiras, Portugal) with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events (virtually, currently). We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 3 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Appynation Ltd (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com