Reporting to the Lead HRBP (who is also based in Lisbon, Portugal) the HR Business Partner is responsible for providing highly pragmatic, commercially focused HR business partnership to Leaders and Managers in a number of areas of our business.
Working in partnership with other HR colleagues and key stakeholders from across the business provide guidance and partnership to line managers in assigned business areas in dealing with the wide range of issues and activities associated with employment; and take responsibility for projects on behalf of the HR team as a whole which are necessary for the effective delivery of the HR strategy.
Skills and Experience
Partnership with the business
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships with your nominated leaders and managers.
• Building an understanding of your customer group - what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, the impact that they need to have in the business etc.
• Coaching Managers to ensure that their leadership style is consistent with the culture and employee experience that we want to create.
• Collaborating with the wider HR team to continually review and evolve our employment practice to ensure that the employment experience lives up to our aspirations
• Using your knowledge of the business areas assigned to this role to identify themes, trends and potential issues early and to suggest HR interventions to address these.
• Acting as a role model and ambassador for change initiatives and support your nominated leaders and managers to implement organisation changes. Talent
Acquisition and Onboarding
• Creating and implementing a comprehensive recruitment strategy which will enable the delivery of the resourcing plan for the relevant business areas. The strategy will take account of the different types and levels of position that we are hiring for and will address the need to not only fill vacancies but also build a pipeline of talent for future need.
• Partnering with the business throughout the hiring process – helping to define roles, source candidates and interviewing.
• Working with line managers to create and sustain an employment experience that genuinely matches the rhetoric of the recruitment process and is consistent with the Employer Brand.
• Working with line manager to ensure that onboarding is both inspiring and smooth and that new employees can quite simply “hit the ground running” when they join.
Talent Management and Succession
• Working with your nominated leaders to identify and develop the “talent” in their teams.
• Working with Leaders & Managers to help them to identify the Managers of the future and to support them in building the skills and experience to transition into a leadership role ahead of need.
Leader & Manager Excellence
Collaborating with the Head of Learning and Development and Reward in the development of strong leadership and management capability (both skills and behaviours) within the existing management population through:
• proactive, outcome- oriented, pragmatic advice on tackling issues as they arise
• supporting leaders and managers to apply the learnings from formal Leadership development programmes into action
• coaching Leaders and Managers to develop in role.
Performance Management and Reward
• Coaching line Managers to set clear and relevant expectations for the employees in their team and to provide timely, well-evidenced and actionable feedback on performance and progress.
• Collaborating with the Head of L&D and Reward and with the business to ensure that all Reward processes are implement on time and taking account of all of the important parameters (e.g. market pay, internal relativity) to ensure Rewards at Miniclip are fair and consistent with our Reward Philosophy.
• Providing trusted strategic and operational advice to your assigned business areas on HR matters.
• Delivering HR support to acquisitions as needed.
• Ensuring HR policies and processes are implemented fairly and consistently.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops,publishesand distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationallyrecognisedbrand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter inMiniclip’shistory strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencentrecognisingits achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams fromPlaysport(famous for Motorsport Manager),Yakuto(creators of Darts of Fury),Masomo(home of Head Ball 2),Ilyon(designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Appynation Ltd (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.