We’re thrilled to announce that Agar.io won Best Multiplayer Game at the 2016 International Mobile Game Awards.
At GDC in San Francisco, the 14 winners for the 12th IMGA were announced last night. The IMGA is the longest-standing mobile games award program, and has recognized some of the world’s most popular titles since its inception in 2004.
The full list of winners can be found below. For more information on the award, visit the official IMGA page.
- Agar.io by Miniclip (Switzerland) for the Best Multiplayer Game
- Her Story by Sam Barlow (UK) in Excellence in Innovation and Grand Prix
- Smashy Road: Wanted by Bearbit Studios (Netherland) for the Best Quickplay Game
- Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Game Studio (USA) in Guilty Pleasure
- This War of Mine by 11 bit studios (Poland) for the Best Meaningful Play
- Badland 2 by Frogmind Games (Finland) in Excellence in Gameplay
- Her Story by Sam Barlow (UK) in Excellence in Storytelling
- Shadowmatic by Triada Studios (Armenia) in Best Technical Achievement
- Lumino City by State of Play Games (UK) in Excellence in Audio, Visual Art & Design
- Clash Royale by Supercell (Finland) for the Best Upcoming Game
- Land’s End by ustwo (UK) for the Best VR Game
- LongStory by Bloom Digital Media (Canada) for Jury’s Honorable Mention
- Shadowmatic by Triada Studios (USA) for People’s Choice Award